Pages

Tuesday 21 January 2014

A Creative Outlet


Hey all,
hope you're having a fabulous week.

Yesterday after work my friend asked for a drive to a city an hour away to the passport office. Instead of simply dropping off the paperwork and going back home, we decided to make a day of it. We thought it would be fun to do something we can't do at home, so we went to paint some pottery!

    

We both have a lot going on right now, so sitting down for three hours and focusing on painting was exactly the mental break needed to de-stress. She painted measuring cups and spoons, and I painted a chevron mug and measuring cups.

    

I will admit that I do not have very many skills in the slightest. I am a terrible cooker/baker, as you may have noticed from the lack of promised macaron recipe... They weren't exactly a roaring success. I am not a fabulous writer, and I'm not too artsy fartsy. But this skill level was perfect, and we managed to create some cute pieces! Once they are glazed and fired in a kiln, we will go to pick them up. It's amazing how the colors actually appear once fired! I will be sure to post some pictures on that day.

What do you do to de-stress? Are you artsy? A baker? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time,
Liv xx

2 comments:

  1. Aw, that pottery looks really cute! I love baking but am pretty much as far away from pro as you will get! I have just posted a Pear and Almond Sponge/Tart recipe on my blog but its not exactly macarons! Anyaways, love ur blog! X

    (myyprettylittleblog.blogspot.co.uk) ---- argh I'm so sorry, 'scuse me for the cheeky plug!!! :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love painting pottery! I haven't done it in quite some time though.

    To de-stress I read. I'm also a very artsy person so I draw and paint a lot.

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete